- T5919, a high performance PDM digital MEMS microphone with built in particle ingress filter (PIF) for harsh environments
- T3903, a high performance PDM digital MEMS microphone with very low power and wide dynamic range
- T4086, an analog output MEMS microphone in a tiny 2.75 × 1.85 × 0.9 mm package outline, ideal for very space constrained applications
TDK introduces three new MEMS microphones as part of the SmartSound™ family of products for mobile, IoT and other consumer devices. Each of these high-performance microphones push the boundaries of microphone acoustic performance, providing advanced feature sets with very low power in small package footprints. The SmartSound family of MEMS microphones from TDK are designed for a multitude of applications in a variety of dynamic environments. Our High AOP, high SNR and wide dynamic range microphones are ideal for environments that shift from very quiet to very loud, such as far field voice pickup barge-in for Smart Speaker applications.
T5919, the world’s first PDM digital output microphone with built-in Particle Ingress Filter (PIF):
- The T5919 is a multi-mode, low noise digital MEMS microphone in a small 3.5 × 2.65 × 0.98 mm bottom port package. The PIF filter is embedded in the microphone package, providing protection to particles and moisture. T5919 includes multiple modes of operation: High Quality, Low-Power (AlwaysOn), and Sleep. The T5919 microphone boasts high SNR in all operational modes. The microphone maintains 135 dB SPL AOP in High Quality Mode and 120 dB SPL AOP in Low-Power mode.
T4086, an ultra-small analog output MEMS microphone:
- The T4086 analog microphone is designed to achieve high SNR and AOP at low power in a tiny 2.75 × 1.85 × 0.9 mm bottom port package to support very space constrained applications/devices.
T3903, a very low power wide dynamic range PDM MEMS microphone:
- The low power T3903 enables the transition of microphones from analog output to digital output to support ‘AlwaysOn’ applications in smartphones, tablets, remote controls, smart TVs, Bluetooth headsets, and digital still/video cameras. The T3903 is a multi-mode, low noise, bottom ported MEMS microphone with -37 dBFS sensitivity, 66 dBA SNR and 133dB AOP in a 3.5 × 2.65 × 0.98 mm package.
“TDK continues its commitment to bringing to market a broad portfolio of disruptive, high performance and innovative SmartSound solutions,” said Omar Abed, GM and VP of microphone business unit at InvenSense, a TDK company. “By applying several new MEMS technological breakthroughs, we developed microphones designed for a multitude of applications in a variety of challenging and dynamic environments, thus enabling our customers to create a differentiated audio experience.”
The TDK T5919, T3903 and T4086 are available from multiple distributors and are part of a fully compatible and multi-grade SmartSound portfolio of microphone products.
- HQM: High Quality Mode
- LPM: Low Power Mode
- AOP: Acoustic Overload Point
- SNR: Signal to Noise Ratio
- SPL: Sound Pressure Level
- Microphone Arrays
- Bluetooth Headsets
- Notebook PCs
- Security and Surveillance
- Compatible with Sn/Pb and Pb-free solder processes
- RoHS/WEEE compliant RoHS/WEEE compliant