Live Market Briefing
Where do we go from here? Strategic Changes Afoot in the Processor Market – LIVE MARKET BRIEFINGSign in for replay
Making sense of the ways that the major players in the processor space are positioning their core businesses in response to the new environment
The everchanging market for leading-edge semiconductors is forcing the major players to adjust their design and manufacturing strategies. In this Live Market Briefing, Yole Développement analysts will discuss the key drivers in the processor market, including APUs, CPUs, GPUs, and FPGAs, and explain the recent events and decisions shaping the processor industry.
Included in the topics for discussion are:
- Intel, with a myriad of strategic adjustments in Intel Foundry Services, use of external foundry, GPU business, and MobilEye. What is the core strategy here?
- AMD+Xilinx deal will close soon, broadening AMDs product offering, as AMD makes a strong re-entry into the datacenter GPU product space. How does this change the competitive dynamic between AMD and Nvidia?
- Qualcomm is targeting 2H-2022 for new ARM-based laptop CPUs, via the Nuvia acquisition. Could this be the Windows-on-ARM breakthrough?
- 2022 should bring the introduction of 3nm production from TSMC and Samsung. How will the main players reorganize around this new process node?
These topics and more, viewed through the lens of Yoles processor market analysis and technology commentary, deliver key insights to take into 2022.
Related reports and monitors:
- Processor Quarterly Market Monitor
For the first time, the processor monitor is including FPGA, CPU, GPU, and APU including all the IDMs, Fabless companies, and Foundries in the business.
- Computing and AI Technologies for Mobile and Consumer Applications 2021
- Penetrating everyday products will see the market for AI technologies for the consumer market reach $5.6B in 2026.
Want to see the related content?
Do you have an account?
Sign in to your account to access your services