Power SiC – Life in The Fast Lane as SiC Penetration Accelerates – WebcastRegister now
SiC has emerged as one of the most dynamic technologies in terms of market growth and design opportunities.
SiC devices were commercially introduced at the start of this century. In those 20 years, they have evolved from being the preserve of high-end markets, to mass market adoption. The technology is gathering momentum as more companies assert an interest in, and develop, SiC devices.
To fully understand the characteristics of SiC and why the ‘young contender’ to silicon has developed into a market worth over $600 million in 2020, this webcast brings together valuable speakers from one of the most significant companies in SiC, Wolfspeed as well as, System Plus Consulting and Yole Développement (Yole).
The online event will take place in three parts:
- Dieter Liesabeth, Director Strategic Business Development Automotive at Wolfspeed will elaborate on the company’s expertise on SiC substrate and design wins.
- Amine Allouche, Technology and Cost Analyst at System Plus Consulting will present the SiC device manufacturing challenges and will dive into technology choices of the main SiC manufacturers, examining the technology and cost.
- Ezgi Dogmus, PhD, Team Lead Analyst in Compound Semiconductor & Emerging Substrates in the Power & Wireless Division at Yole will analyze the market beginnings of SiC and how it has evolved to address the mature and less expensive silicon market. She will also share her expertise on the automotive market for SiC.
The webcast examines the evolution of SiC as a challenger to silicon and looks at how this technology has matured to the stage where it figures in announcements by major automotive manufacturers around the world. This informative webcast charts its evolution from niche to mainstream and analyses the potential for continued growth.
Do not miss this powerful webcast on March 4, 2021, to get latest updates on Power SiC!
Power SiC: Materials, Devices and Applications 2020
Despite the COVID outbreak, SiC-based design wins have multiplied for electric vehicle applications and will drive the SiC market beyond $2.5B by 2025.
- SiC Transistor Comparison 2020
Compare the technology and cost of 29 SiC transistors from Wolfspeed, Rohm, STMicroelectronics, Infineon, Littelfuse, ON Semiconductor, Microsemi, and UnitedSiC.
- SiC Diode Comparison 2020
Comparison of the technology and cost of 11 SiC diodes from Infineon, Wolfspeed, Rohm, STMicroelectronics, ON Semiconductor, Microsemi, and UnitedSiC.
- Industrial Power Module Packaging Comparison 2020
Compare the packaging technology and cost of ten industrial power modules from Infineon, Mitsubishi, IXYS/Littelfuse, Vincotech, ABB, and Wolfspeed.
- Status of the Power Electronics Industry 2020
China is reshaping the power electronic industry.
- Status of the Power Module Packaging Industry 2020
EVs are driving the growth of power module packaging as going to mass production of EV/HEV changes the rules of game. Technology alone is not enough, low cost is increasingly important.
- Compound Semiconductor Quarterly Market Monitor
While EV/HEV and consumer fast charger applications boost the power SiC and GaN markets, 5G smartphone and telecom infrastructure markets will drive the GaAs and GaN RF businesses.