Lithography and bonding equipment: More than Moore manufacturers’ appetite is growing
More Than Moore photolithography and bonding equipment market will reach $2.8 billion in 2027.
- Market is driven by manufacturer capacity increases and hybrid bonding.
- Market share repartition varies between lithography and bonding equipment business.
- Canon is the lithography market leader, while EVG is the market leader for both W2W permanent and temporary bonding.
Yole Intelligence, part of Yole Group, has developed comprehensive and in-depth semiconductor manufacturing expertise for over 20 years. Throughout the year, semiconductor manufacturing analysts investigate this industry and deliver their analyses in an extensive collection of technology and market reports, monitors, and teardowns… More information.
Because of the huge growth in the semiconductor industry, the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the semiconductor shortage, especially in the automotive sector, the trade war between China and the United States, and more, Yole Intelligence developed specific techniques to understand the status of the market and analyze its possible evolution.
Yole Intelligence offers today a special focus on the lithography and bonding equipment industry with a dedicated report: Lithography and Bonding Equipment 2022 – Focus More Than Moore.
This report provides a technology overview and equipment benchmark, market trends, market shares, and supply chain overview. It analyzes equipment needs during post-pandemic shortages and the geopolitical influences on semiconductor equipment. Furthermore, it gives technology and market perspectives.
Taguhi Yeghoyan, Ph.D., Technology & Market Analyst, Semiconductor Manufacturing at Yole Intelligence“We expect positive equipment market growth with a reasonable 8% CAGR for 2020-2027. This market will reach US$2.8 billion in 2027. It will be driven by increasing wafer volumes to be processed across all applications considered. At the same time, the semiconductor chip manufacturers, specifically IDMs , foundries, and OSAT companies, will also expand their capacity.”
The highest CAGR of 69% is expected for D2W hybrid bonding, as AMD, Intel, Micron, SK hynix, and Samsung are adopting this technology. Hybrid and fusion bonding is also driving the growth of the W2W permanent bonding market with a relatively high 16% CAGR. W2W technology is used for 3D stacking and the integration of CIS, 3D NAND memory, AI processors, MEMS, and engineered substrates. Temporary bonding will have a more moderate 7% CAGR serving advanced packaging applications such as fan-out, thinning and 3D integration across memory devices and compound semiconductors. Finally, photolithography growth (5% CAGR to US$1.9 billion in 2027) is driven by production capacity expansions across advanced packaging and More than Moore applications for i-line and DUV steppers and scanners. In advanced packaging, Laser Direct Imaging is used for integrated circuit substrates and fan-out, while i-line steppers are used for fan-out, WLP, and 2.5D and 3D stacking.
Titre du visueljune 2021
You have to be registered to download our medias.
Usage restriction: Images may not be used against the interests of Yole Développement (Yole Group) and its entities, Yole Intelligence, or System Plus Consulting (Yole SystemPlus). For more information, please contact the Public Relations team.
Copyright : © Yole Développement, 2022
Licence : Images can be used online and for printing, without modification
2021 was yet another consecutive record revenue year for lithography and bonding equipment vendors, despite ongoing supply chain issues. Regarding the players, similar to the 2020 calendar year:
- Canon is the lithography market leader, followed ever more closely by ASML.
- EV Group (EVG) is the market leader for both W2W permanent and temporary bonding. In the W2W permanent bonding business, EVG is followed by Tokyo Electron Limited (TEL), both serving CIS as well as 3D integration and stacking.
- In the temporary bonding business, EVG is followed by SUSS MicroTec, which is gaining recognition for memory thinning.
- Finally, D2W hybrid bonding requires die attach or flip-chip equipment types from players such as Besi, Shibaura, Smart Equipment Technology (SET), and ASM Pacific Technology. Although Besi is a newcomer it is the market leader, closely followed by Shibaura, whose tools have been used for this application for several years…
Yole Intelligence’s semiconductor subsystems and testing team will be part of SEMICON West 2022 from July 12 to July 14 in San Francisco. Feel free to meet the team at their dedicated booth #1836 to re-connect and discuss the industry.
- CAGR : Compound Annual Growth Rate
- IDM : Integrated Device Manufacturer(s)
- OSAT : Outsourced Semiconductor Assembly and Test
- D2W : Die-To-Wafer
- W2W : Wafer-To-Wafer
- CIS : CMOS Image Sensor(s)
- AI : Artificial Intelligence
- MEMS : Microelectromechanical Devices
- DUV : Deep Ultraviolet
- WLP : Wafer Level Packaging
Would you want to receive our Press Releases ?Sign in Sign up free